Jeff Gentry, Director for Enterprise Data Governance, for TD Ameritrade will deliver this year’s keynote, Role of Reference Data Management in Data Governance, at the Data Governance in Financial Services Conference (DGFS) on Sept 30 at 9:45AM in Jersey City, NJ. DGFS is being held at the Westin Jersey City Newport from Sept 29-30th.
Mr. Gentry’s address will provide concrete patterns for successful reference data management and aspirational goals for ongoing value generation. The keynote will cover:
- The codependent relationship between data governance and reference data management
- Achieving higher data quality with reference data management
- Capture of all related classification schemes, versus a single version of the truth
- A single trusted source of reference data, versus application integration, as a priority for maximum business value
- Bringing reference data and business glossaries together, and
- Patterns for reference data management success
Director, Enterprise Data Governance, TD Ameritrade
Mr. Gentry is responsible for data governance and demand management for enterprise data services at TD Ameritrade, reporting to the Chief Data Officer. In this role, he ensures that TD Ameritrade makes increasingly better decisions about data across the company. His business product management responsibilities for data include master data management, metadata management, data quality, data-as-a-service, data virtualization, and other solutions. During his diverse career in marketing and data management across many industries, Mr. Gentry has become a leading authority on gathering, managing, and using customer information, helping companies large and small to gain competitive advantage and improve profits. Mr. Gentry has consulted, taught, spoken and published on marketing, analytics, and data management topics in North America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.